Professor, Schlaikjer Professor of Equine Infectious DiseaseFaculty
Last Revised: Mar 23rd, 2023
The mission of the Nielsen Laboratory is to Provide Solutions for Equine Parasite Control. Research efforts are focused on the following areas:
1. New and improved diagnostic tests.
2. Documentation of drug resistance and investigation of mechanisms behind.
3. Identification and evaluation of sustainable parasite control programs.
4. Developing and evaluating novel treatment modalities.
5. Epidemiology of parasite transmission patterns.
6. The role of helminth parasites in equine health and disease.
7. Parasite biology, genomics, and transcriptomics.